ABL are pleased to announce that we are extending our service and offerings with 2 new state-of-the-art machines. We’re excited to be getting not 1 but 2 of the SBZ 151 – EDITION 90 PROFILE MACHINING CENTRE from Elumatec.
We’ve cleared what can only be called a “not-so-little” space ready for delivery.
Take a look at them in action, and you’ll see why we’ve chosen to invest a large amount of money and time into this expansion. We think you’ll be as impressed and excited as we are.
Some features are
- 5-axis profile machining centre
- Designed for flexible and efficient machining of aluminium and thin-walled steel profiles
- All operations, such as routing, drilling, tapping, thread milling, notching and sawing, are performed while the profile bar is stationary to protect the profile surfaces
- Fast positioning of the machining unit with up to 66 m/min thanks to dynamic servo drives
- 6-sided machining. From below with an angle head (optional)
- The on-board tool magazines ensure that tool changing times are kept short, thereby optimising machining cycles
- One magazine can have 13 standard and seven special tools (angle routing heads and special cutters). An additional magazine for the saw blade, diameter 400 mm or 500 mm
- Autonomous clamp positioning with the absolute measurement system
- Two separate working zones enable machining in shuttle operation. Secure access with safety fences and light barriers
- 5-axis CNC control with independent CNC for 3D machining, notching and cutting
- The absolute rotary encoder system means no axis homing is required
- Network connection and USB port
- Operating terminal with Windows operating system and 15″ flat screen
- Remote online maintenance
ABL Aluminium Components specialises in the fabrication, finishing and assembly of aluminium extrusions. The company was established in 1975 and operates from a 5000m2 facility in Birmingham, just 5 miles from Birmingham airport and the motorway network.
ABL Aluminium Components adopts a very high customer service ethic which it brings to the various market sectors it serves.
“In practice, we offer consistently high quality, reliable delivery and competitive prices. We also aim to ensure that our customers can source components and assemblies from ABL Aluminium Components with the minimum of hassle which in turn allows them to stay focused on their core business”.